UK PLUMBER OF THE YEAR 2018 COMPETITION OPENS FOR ENTRIES
The UK Plumber of the Year 2018 competition has begun its search to find the nation’s best plumber after officially opening for entries. Big Wipes are on board again to sponsor this prestigious competition.
The UK Plumber of the Year 2018 competition organisers report as follows:
“The competition was first launched by JT, in partnership with Bristan and Wolseley Plumb Center, in 2015 where our nationwide search found Josh Colbert, a multi-skilled plumber from Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire, as the worthy winner of the inaugural UK Plumber of the Year competition.
“In 2016, Shaun Scott fought off competition to pick up the crown and last year saw Wigan’s Drew Styles take home the title in a record-year for applications.
“The industry-leading competition aims to find the nation’s finest plumber for 2018 and recognise the remarkable level of talent from plumbers across the UK, with another huge prize fund of over £10,000 worth of prizes awarded to the deserving winner.
Official Judging Panel
“This year, the competition’s Official Judging Partner, Watersafe, the online directory and national accreditation body for competent and qualified plumbers in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, will shortlist three plumbers from each of the six chosen regions (North England, South England, Midlands and West, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland) from the applications submitted by Friday 29th June 2018.
“The public will then vote for who they believe deserves to be crowned their local winner, with each of the six regional winners then going through to the grand final, which will be held at Bristan HQ later in the year.”
Prizes for UK Plumber of the Year 2018
This year’s prizes include:
- JT and Bristan products, plus a £1000 voucher for Nabis at Plumb Center
- 15 Heavy-Duty Tubs of BigWipes for the 15 shortlisted plumbers
- Proper Job beer are offer this year’s worthy winner a trip to Cornwall – the home of the award-winning beer.
- £1,000 worth of Rothenberger tools that can be spent at Plumb Center for the winner
- A HomeBoost Salamander Pump for the winner.
- A day’s session with an established Marketing company to help the winner make the most out of the award
- Chapter 8 Shop will provide one Premium Grade Rear Chevron Kit (Half Kit) for the winner’s van. If the winner is part of a team, a fleet of up to 10 can be fitted
- Vehicle Livery Solutions will provide the winner with a vehicle graphic design and fitting from their premises in Hull, East Yorkshire.
- Jobman Workwear will provide some #gamechangingworkwear for our winner and runners up
An incredible opportunity for plumbers, be sure to keep an eye on @UKPOTY on Twitter and Facebook or have a look here for more information.