The shortlist for the UK Plumber of the Year 2019 competition has been revealed.
The infamous UK Plumber of the Year competition has returned for its fifth year and it’s the fifth time that Big Wipes are part of the generous sponsorship package.
UK Plumber of the Year 2019 reports as follows:
“Following the success of the previous competitions, bathroom and kitchen giants JT, Wolseley and Bristan have joined forces to launch the 2019 UK Plumber of the Year competition, for the 5th year running.
“The competition was first launched in 2015 where our nationwide search found Josh Colbert, a multi-skilled plumber from Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire, as the worthy winner of the inaugural UK Plumber of the Year competition.
“In 2016, Shaun Scott from Aberdeen picked up the crown, and a year later Wigan’s Drew Styles followed in his footsteps. Last year, it was Steve Bartin from Taunton who took home the accolade in a record-year for applications!
“The competition will again see bathroom and kitchen giants JT, Bristan and Wolseley come together to recognise the remarkable level of talent from plumbers across the UK, with a massive prize fund worth £15,000 up for grabs.”
Official Judging of UK Plumber of the Year 2019
“The competition’s Official Judging Partner, Watersafe, the online directory and national accreditation body for competent and qualified plumbers in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, will shortlist 15 plumbers from across the UK from the applications submitted.
“The public will then vote for who they believe deserves to be crowned the winner and the five with the most votes will then go through to the grand final which will be held at Bristan HQ later in the year.”
Incentives and Prizes
In addition, Plumber of the Year 2019 will also see the introduction of two amazing incentives to enter with new prize partners, Checkatrade and Vendigo Finance:
- Everyone who enters will go into a prize draw to win a FREE 12-month membership with Checkatrade worth up to £1,300
- Vendigo Finance are offering a FREE webinar for all entrants about how a boiler installer grew from 100 to 1000+ boilers a year in three years purely because of the benefit of Point of Sale Finance
- Three tub of Big Wipes (one each of Heavy-Duty wipes, Multi-Surface wipe and Multi-Purpose wipes) for the five finalists and a selection of three buckets of Big Wipes for the winner
- JT, the UK’s leading shower tray manufacturer, are offering the winner up to £2000 RRP worth of branded trays
- Bristan will provide £1000 worth of RRP products for the winner to choose as they wish. In addition, the winner will also take home Bristan’s new Rapid 4-in-1 Boiling Water Tap and a choice of one of the brand’s new kitchen sinks
- Wolseley will provide the winner with a £1000 voucher for Nabis bathrooms
- Vendigo Finance will offer an Apple iPad and AirPods for the winner
- Proper Job beer are offer this year’s worthy winner a trip to Cornwall – the home of the award-winning beer.
- £1,000 worth of Rothenberger tools that can be spent at Wolseley for the winner
- A day’s session with an established marketing company to help the winner make the most out of the award
- Fortress Distribution will offer a case (10 boxes) of our Black Mamba Nitrile Disposable Gloves for the winner in their preferred size
- Chapter 8 are offering up to 10 Chevron Kits if the winner is part of a team
Good luck to all the finalists from everyone at Big Wipes! You can vote for your favourite here: