The UK Plumber of the Year 2019 competition has revealed their much-anticipated shortlist.
The infamous UK Plumber of the Year competition has returned for its fifth year and it’s the fifth time that Big Wipes are part of the generous sponsorship package.
UK Plumber of the Year 2019 reports as follows:
“Following the success of the previous competitions, bathroom and kitchen giants JT, Wolseley and Bristan have joined forces to launch the 2019 UK Plumber of the Year competition, for the 5th year running.
“We first launched the competition in 2015, where our nationwide search found Josh Colbert, a multi-skilled plumber from Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire, as the worthy winner of the inaugural UK Plumber of the Year competition.
“In 2016, Shaun Scott from Aberdeen picked up the crown, and a year later Wigan’s Drew Styles followed in his footsteps. Last year, it was Steve Bartin from Taunton who took home the accolade in a record-year for applications!
“The competition will again see bathroom and kitchen giants JT, Bristan and Wolseley come together to recognise the remarkable level of talent from plumbers across the UK. In addition, a massive prize fund worth £15,000 is up for grabs.”
Official Judging of UK Plumber of the Year 2019
“The competition’s Official Judging Partner, Watersafe, has shortlisted 15 plumbers from across the UK from the applications submitted. Watersafe is the online directory and national accreditation body for competent and qualified plumbers in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
“The public will now vote for who they believe deserves to be crowned the winner. After that, the five contenders with the most votes will go through to the grand final. The latter will take place at Bristan HQ later in the year.”
Incentives and Prizes
The lucky Plumber of the Year 2019 will receive the following array of fantastic incentives and prizes:
- Everyone who enters will go into a prize draw to win a FREE 12-month membership with Checkatrade.
- Vendigo Finance are offering a FREE webinar for all entrants.
- The five finalists collect three tubs of Big Wipes (one each of Heavy-Duty wipes, Multi-Surface wipes and Multi-Purpose wipes). In addition, the winner receives a selection of three Big Wipes buckets.
- JT, the UK’s leading shower tray manufacturer, are offering branded trays.
- Bristan will provide a variety of products for the winner to choose as they wish.
- Wolseley will provide the winner with a voucher for Nabis bathrooms.
- Vendigo Finance will offer an Apple iPad and AirPods for the winner.
- Proper Job beer are donating a trip to Cornwall, the home of the award-winning beer.
- The winner wins a day’s session with an established marketing company, which will help them make the most out of the award.
- Fortress Distribution will offer a case of Black Mamba Nitrile Disposable Gloves.
- Chapter 8 are offering up to 10 Chevron Kits, if the winner is part of a team.
Good luck to all the finalists from everyone at Big Wipes! You can vote for your favourite here: